Classroom management strategies
– “My time” vs. “your time” give me your time, that means students are expected to be looking at me and listening, then I will give you your time to work and talk with friends.
– Stop, what you are doing, look around ,“I’m waiting” and eye contact
– The longer it takes to me to get through the demonstration the less work and talk time you will have with one another
– Now I would like you to turn to your neighbor or with other people at your table and share thoughts and ideas. Come back together as a class and share what your neighbor talked about. Avoiding fear of being personally wrong.
– Keep students interested, if they are engaged they will listen
– Praise students for expected behavior “I like the way you raises your hand and waited to be called on”